Google Two Factor Authentication allow people logging in to have access to a physical device Learn how to Turn on Google Two Factor Authentication, as well as virtual passwords, and is typically one of the best ways to prevent unwanted access to precious accounts.
How Does Google Two Factor Authentication Work?
Google two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security by requiring you to have both your password and a special security key to access your accounts.
This is generally done by Google sending you a verification code that’s specific to your account. They’re sent to your phone via text, through voice call, or via the Google Authenticator app, with each code only usable once.
How to Turn on Google Two Factor Authentication
A few simple steps are all that lie between you and an extra layer of security for your account details.
- Go to https://www.google.com/landing/2step/
- Select Get Started.
- Scroll down and select Get Started.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Enter your phone number.
- Choose whether to receive codes via text messages or phone call, then select Next.
- Wait for the text message or phone call to be received on your phone. When you have the code, enter it into your browser, then select Next.
- Select Turn On to activate 2-step verification across your Google Account.
Learn More; How to Turn off Google Two Factor Authentication